Thursday, June 9, 2011

green olive and almond tapenade

I'd like to start off by apologizing to my mother. Mom, I know you've been proud of me up until this point in my life, and I'm sorry to let you down. But I'm posting a recipe that has olives in it. I hope you can forgive me.

I was in the mood for a salty snack today and decided I'd try to make some tapenade, which is one of my favorite things - but have you ever seen it in the grocery store? It's so expensive! I'm also on an almond kick lately. They've got a ton of health benefits, so I've been adding them wherever possible. I thought the combination would be pretty good, and I was right.

Green Olive & Almond Tapenade

1 cup green olives
1/2 cup almonds
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon capers
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
pepper, to taste

Throw it all into a food processor and combine.

No comments:

Post a Comment