Wednesday, June 8, 2011

i love my grill (and my grill master)

Tonight we had turkey burgers. Here's the thing. I love ground turkey. I use it all the time, and I think that everyone else should, too. In fact, I have never bought ground beef. Isn't that weird?

A 4 ounce serving of ground turkey has about 160 calories, whereas the same serving size of ground beef (85% lean) has about 240. I think that's a significant difference! And when you can have a burger with yummy toppings for about 230 calories, even better.

I had some pesto in the fridge as well as some red peppers that we needed to eat, so the burgers (that I found the recipe for here) were topped with roasted red peppers and a pesto mayo that I mixed up. One of my earlier posts includes how to roast peppers. As for the pesto mayo, I just used a 1:1 ratio, and added some black pepper. There's also some feta and fresh greens on 'em. :)

We had a salad alongside, with a balsamic vinaigrette. This recipe is kind of just estimates...

Balsamic Vinaigrette

6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon sugar
salt & pepper

I added a tag cloud to the blog. It shows up on the column on the left side and categorizes all of the posts. If the text is a larger size, it means that I've blogged more about that category. I'm also working on changing the recipe index page. Since I added the tag cloud, I'm changing the recipe page so that it organizes by type, not ingredient. Just an FYI!

No comments:

Post a Comment