Tuesday, May 24, 2011

roasted red pepper & avocado sandwich

I enjoy the challenge of figuring out what to do with the ingredients I have on hand... this sandwich was really good! I also love that you can make it huge, because it's pretty much just yummy veggies :)


Roasted Red Pepper and Avocado Sandwich with Herb Mayo

2 red bell pepper
1 avocado
spinach
whatever bread you'd like
1 tablespoon herb mayo (recipe after)

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place the whole peppers on a sheet of foil over a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, flipping once - the peppers will start to get dark and bubbly, that's okay!

2. Remove from the oven and place immediately into a gallon ziplock bag (I heard this helps sweat out some moisture, I dunno) and let it sit for 15 minutes or so.

3. Assemble your sandwich with the veggies & mayo, which I have the recipe for below. Mmmmm.

Herb Mayo

1/2 cup light mayo
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon herbes de provence (probably my favorite dried herb blend ever!)

Combine ingredients - let sit for a few minutes before serving to let the flavors develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment