We love pizza. I'm talking, we would eat it every day. I searched high and low for a semi healthy pizza crust recipe, and finally found this recipe from allrecipes.com. The only addition I've made is to include some ground flax seed.
Whole Wheat and Honey Pizza Crust
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup wheat germ
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
3. In a large bowl combine flour, wheat germ, salt and flax seed if using. Make a well in the middle and add honey and yeast mixture. Stir well to combine. Cover and set in a warm place to rise for a few minutes.
4. Roll dough on a floured pizza pan and poke a few holes in it with a fork.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until desired crispiness is achieved.
6. Add toppings, and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
Tonight I added fresh tomatoes, some green and black olives, feta cheese, and mozzarella.