Thursday, May 19, 2011

edamame pasta

I've been trying to find a good recipe for pasta with edamame, without any asian flavors. I came across one the other evening that inspired me to make last night's dinner (original recipe here, my changes are below) and I think it's one I'll definitely make again.


Spaghetti with Edamame, Spinach, and Olive Oil

1 large garlic clove, finely minced
1 cup packed spinach
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 1/3 cups frozen shelled edamame
3/4 pound whole grain spaghetti
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan

1. Boil water for the pasta. Meanwhile, chop garlic and spinach in a food processor. Drizzle in olive oil. Transfer to a large serving bowl.

2. When boiling, salt the water and add edamame - cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the water and place in serving bowl. Add Parmesan cheese.

3. Add the spaghetti to the same water and when the pasta is cooked, remove 1/2 cup of the cooking water and add to the serving bowl. Drain pasta, and toss with the mixture in the bowl.


Serves 4. Kind of. Maybe 2 1/2 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment