Wednesday, March 26, 2014

summer bucket list

I'm kind of on a mission this summer to do EVERYTHING.  For the first time in a long time, I'm not in crazy pain (!!!), and I actually feel like being social, staying busy, doing things.  And, while this is our second summer back in Pittsburgh (we bought our house last May), we were so busy doing new-home-owner type things that we didn't get to spend a whole bunch of time doing fun stuff.  I want this summer to be different, man...

Heathy enjoying a walk in our backyard
A good friend had the super genius idea to check out the Farm to Table Pittsburgh conference last weekend.  It was a really interesting experience...lots of fresh thinking and yummy food.  What I most enjoyed was seeing MY generation take an active role in changing how our society eats and lives.  This brings me back to the point of this post - my summer bucket list, because the first two items were inspired by the conference.

Grow a garden.  I'm a total newbie, but I want to try it.  I used to be a professional plant killer, but something happened when we moved to this house, and I suddenly can keep plants alive.  More to come on that, I'm sure.

Spend a weekend away at Gateway Lodge.  This.  Place.  Looks.  Amaaaazing.  I think that's really all that needs to be said about that.

Begin exploring the Montour Trail.  We're lucky enough to have a pathway in our backyard leading up to the trail - I can't wait until it's warm enough to really explore!

Revisit Kavic Winery.  It's so close to us, and we had a really great experience there a few years ago.  The owner was so kind and enthusiastic about his winemaking - he took some time to give us a tour, which was unexpected and wonderful!  And of course, the wine was fantastic.

Keeping with the wine theme, I have a LOT of friends who would have a blast at Painting with a Twist in Robinson.  BYOB wine studio?!  Sign.  Me.  Up.

What's on your summer bucket list?

1 comment:

  1. Sign me up for the lodge, wine, and painting! :)
    -Shannon

    ReplyDelete